Fluxus Group Piece

This was such a fun collaboration piece! I worked with my group mates and we created a symphony of sound using found and every day objects, ala John Cage! My part included me banging glass bottles together, pouring water in and out of certain bottles, starting a metronome, shaking a paint can, starting and stopping a blender and setting a coffee maker to brew. So much fun! My favorite part of the piece was near the end, because I feel like the performers and the audience both were really starting to enter a "trance" and enjoy the sounds. It got really loud and interesting! I especially liked Libby's walking back and forth, and the metronome, as they kept a constant time during the cacophony. Chris' sound poem and cans were also a fascinating addition.

Comments

  1. Glad this was recorded because it is fun to rewatch -- I noticed many sounds and actions this time around that I missed the first time. A very successful Fluxus performance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Rehearsal

How to Build a Home